Sunday, July 12, 2009

Text Me, Text Me!

So, I wanted to update my blog tonight & I asked my boyfriend, Scott, what I should write about. He said "cell phones, because I know you want a new one..." Ah, tis true, tis true... I do want a new cell phone.

I think I would literally die without my cell phone... I am a texting machine, just in case you were wondering. Texting is a hobby, haha. It's really funny to think that a lot of people really wouldn't survive without a cell phone. I mean, especially in a college community setting, texting is how we communicate.

:Hey, wanna go grab something to eat?:
:Don't forget, meeting at 3pm!:
:Will you go on a date with me?:
:Which pages do we read for Creative Arts?:
:Basketball Intermurals at 7:30! Be there!:
:Whats up for tonight?:

It's crazy how technology has taken over! Haha. It's just going to keep being like that till the end of time, I'm sure. New models of new phones will keep popping up, making us want to spend even MORE money just to have the nicest, best performing phones.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with my little Nokia Music Xpress; it's cute & little. It actually suits me because it really is everything that I want. Hm, but I guess I just get tired of phones too quickly. I feel like everyone has the same phone as me too; I know my cousins, Sarah & Becca recently purchased the same phone as me--color & everything. Nothing wrong with that, it's a great phone, but I really just want something that not a lot of people have. Haha, I should stop that though... I'm a dirt poor college student :P Haha.

Anyways, here is my history of phones...

The first phone I ever had was some crappy little Motorolla V120 something... ? Haha.
I don't have a picture of it or anything... but just so you know, it really did exist.
It was black & silver... and crappy.

Next was my beautiful Samsung T509
It was a super trust worthy phone... I got it after having my first phone for a two years. In fact, my Samsung is still alive and kickin'! My brother, Darryl, actually uses it right now :)

Next was another Motorola. It was just a simple flip phone... I had to get it when I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. I was going to school out in Buena Vista, VA. & they didn't have Tmobile out there... so yes, I was forced. Haha.
I kept that phone for another year... up until I moved out to Utah. It really sucked, by the way... the battery life was terrible! It would die after making two or three calls... Ugh.

Next in line was my LG Chocolate.
I got it for Christmas from my cousin, Marc. What a sweet guy :) Haha. It was already previously used, but whatever... I wanted to get rid of that terrible flip phone. Ugh, but not that the Chocolate was any better... it had touch sensitive keys and I would accidentally call people... or they wouldn't work. Plus, I had dropped this phone a few times... IN THE SNOW. Eek!

So, after living in Logan for a year, I finally decided to rejoin the TMobile network. (Thank goodness... they are wonderful! So much better and cheaper than Verizon, haha) And I got the crazy popular... Sidekick LX in navy blue. It was a fun phone... but honestly, I grew tired of it fast. I was getting tired of carrying it around... it was big and bulky... BUT! It did have a cool swivle screen :)
So, finally, the time came where it was time to say goodbye to the Sidekick... which I thought I was in love with... but really wasn't. Haha. Now I have my cute little Nokia. I love it. But I've had it for a while already... (not even a year) but I still feel like I need a new one! haha.

I wonder what my next one will be? :)






No comments: