Monday, December 1, 2008

Hey, Thanks!

Due to popular demand Melanie Weaver, I'm updating my blog. Haha, wow, I haven't blogged since the xanga.com days. Weird, right? Anyways... I had the most fantastic Thanksgiving Break with the family. I hope whoever is reading this right now had a great one too!

Hm, let's see--it all started last Tuesday when I was driving to my parent's house from the apartment in Logan. It was probably the shortest two hour drive ever, haha. Yeah, I was on the phone (with an extremely attractive guy, haha), listening to music, and driving on the interstate all at the same time. Talent, right?! Baha, actually, no, don't ever do that. It's not safe, haha. But yeah, I got home Tuesday in the early-afternoon-ish. I didn't do much that day, really. All I remember is watching Spongebob : D

Wednesday was when all the fun began. My mom, Darryl, and I went to the DMV so Darryl could get his PERMIT. I can't believe that my little brother is already that old! I mean, I'm literally still shocked that my baby brother is almost a foot taller than me--but dang! DRIVING?!

But yeah, when we got there, my brother had to fill out all those darn forms they make you fill out.. Mommy had to help him with some of the stuff too. He was really excited, haha. I couldn't stop laughing because he was literally "giddy" haha! Everytime the lady at the counter would turn around, he'd turn to me and give me a thumbs up... and then he would say, "I got this yoh, I got this." Hah, funny : )

Anyways, while we were waiting, I popped in my headphones and started listening to my iTouch. I kinda wasn't looking forward to the wait, but it was whatever. Thankfully, we only ended up being there for about half an hour : ) And YES, he got his permit!

Haha, he took this --->
right outside of the DMV.
Shocking, isn't it? Darryl Carteciano driving a car... Watch out! Hah, actually, the kid isn't that bad at driving at all. I got to take him out to a church parking lot so he could practice some of the basic things like using turn signals, turning corners, and reversing. He's not too shabby, but I'm sure that my parents will probably freak out once they get in the passenger seat of a car with Darryl behind the wheel. I can see it now too... They're either going to A) Pee their pants from being scared, B) Have massive sweat stains under their armpits from being scared, or C.) Come back home with a few more gray hairs... from being scared. My poor mom and dad, haha.

Okay, so after the DMV, my brother, Becca, Deb, Mark, Leo, Eko, and I went out to Applebee's for lunch. Afterwards, we went to see Twilight... yeah, that Vampire movie. It was pretty good, but I really don't think I'd ever pay to see that movie again. Uh, yeah. Moving on. Haha.

Thursday; THANKSGIVING! My family got together with our extended family and friends at Uncle Roy and Auntie Joy's house. We had a super-huge feast : ) Yum, I love food, haha. We had like ten different families there. Everyone brought massive amounts of food from their own kitchens, so you can probably just imagine how much was there. Anyways, here's one of the tables. The food literally did not have an end to it. We had like, a million turkeys. I like turkey : ) I'm just scared of live ones and the noises that they make. Yikes!

Hm, well, here are more pictures from the celebration of THANKS : )

The boys playing halo:


The high school seniors, Becca and Lee goofing around:


And just everyone waiting around for the food to be ready:


I took a lot more pictures, but I won't put them all up on here, haha. There's just too many. Oh, except I really want to put this one up of Mark and Leo's son, Eko, and Uncle Roy and Auntie Joy's daughter, Hannah. They're cute : ) Don't you just wanna pinch their cheeks?!


Well, anyways, Thanksgiving was awesome. Oh, actually, one more picture. It's Sam eating dessert by himself since everyone else was too full, haha!


It was so funny. We laughed at him. A lot.

Moving on to: BLACK FRIDAY. Black Friday could possibly be one of my favorite days of the entire year. EVERYTHING goes on sale... well, almost everything. My dad woke up really early to go to Best Buy to pick up a new digital camera. He's really happy about it, haha. My brother and I didn't start until noon with our shopping. We headed over to University Mall to partake of some of the sweet deals. Yeah, the addiction kicked in and we ended up buying more than what we originally planned. Oh, and we ended up buying the same pair of shoes, haha.

We got home and our parents thought it was funny, so we took some pictures. Oh, by the way, this picture is amazing... not only because it's of Stacy Carteciano and Darryl Carteciano, but because it was taken at the end of November... and there's NO SNOW !

I'm dreading the snow : ( Booo, snow!!

So, when I got home, I was talking to Scottie on the phone and he kept asking me if I got Microsoft Office for my laptop (which was on sale for seventy bucks at Best Buy; YES!) Uhm, yeah, Microsoft Office--a college student's best friend. I ended up leaving the house again with my mom and brother to go buy it. I pretty much had a successful Black Friday this year. Yeah, awesome : )

Mkaye, well, this blog is long enough... My Saturday, Sunday, and Monday wasn't too exciting... nothing worth sharing, actually. But yeahhh... Uhm, are you happy, Melanie?! Haha.

No comments: