Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


Well, it's that time of year again. I love Christmas! I love the sweet feeling of kindness, gentleness, giving, and love. The Christmas spirit is starting to kick in again; seems like everyone in my apartment is starting to feel it.

My roommates and I recently put up our apartment Christmas tree! It's so cute and colorful, haha. Melanie even made little stick figure ornaments of each of us and placed them on the tree. Everyone in the apartment finds it quite amusing that she strung them onto the tree with dental floss. Hah, ah, college kids--gotta do what you gotta do [;

Anyways, since it's the end of the semester and pretty much everyone's getting ready to go home for the holidays, Utah State University has been hosting a bunch of Subs for Santa's and Penny Wars all around campus to help give to the needy for Christmas. First off, let me start by saying--I love Sub for Santa! I think it's such a great idea. It kinda helps me remember that I don't actually need that new iPod, flat screen tv, earrings, make-up, or movies. I just need to realize how fortunate I am to have the things that I already own. I'm lucky to have a warm home to live in, food to eat, and clothes to wear.

Some people don't even have a jacket to keep themselves warm.

I know everyone's already heard the phrase, "Christmas isn't about the presents, it's about giving to those that are less fortunate," or at least something close to it. But it's true. It's true. People forget sometimes... This year, I'm determined to make it a goal of mine--to not ask, but give. Christmas really isn't about the presents. It's the time to really focus on things that Jesus taught--to love your family, your neighbors, your friends... and even those people that you don't already know.

Oh, and of course, there's more to Christmas than just that. It's also a time to celebrate! It's a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. Hah--random side thought. I hate it when people write out Christmas as "x-mas" ...write it out. CHRISTmas. Afterall, it is HIS birthday [;

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday season--no matter what you celebrate! Just remember it's the season to give [:

PS--i love you swoopy.

No comments: