Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Little Something About Christmas


I absolutely love the Christmas season. Today just got me pumped up even more for it. After I arrived home from church, I went into my parent's living room & actually took the time to look at some of the decorations my mom put around the house. It's not really a whole lot or anything, but it still brings the Christmas spirit into their home.

One of the best things about Christmas decorations is the tree itself. The colors of the tree, actually, everything about the tree represents something. Here's a little something I found online to describe what each thing stands for:
  • The Star: A heavenly signs of prophecy fulfilled long, long ago- The shining hope of mankind.
  • The Color Red: The first color of Christmas, symbolizing that Savior's sacrifice for all.
  • The Fir Tree: Evergreen- the second color of Christmas shows everlasting light and life. The needles point up to heaven.
  • The Bell: Rings out to guide lost sheep back to the fold, signifying that all are precious in His eyes.
  • The Candle: A mirror of starlight, reflecting our thanks for the star of Bethlehem.
  • The Gift Bow: Tied as we should all be tied together in bonds of goodwill forever.
  • The Candy Cane: Represents the shape of the shepherd's crook, used to bring lost lambs back to the fold.
  • The Wreath: A symbol of the never ending eternal value of love…having no end.
Okay, so the little tree that my parents have set up in their living room really doesn't have all those things that are listed, but I just thought it was cool how each thing represents something that related to the true meaning of Christmas.

Speaking of the "true meaning of Christmas," one of my favorite things to see in people's homes in the Nativity set; you know, with Mary, Joseph, the baby Jesus, the animals, and all the other visitors that came to see the Christ child. Here's the one set up in my parent's house.

Yeah, it's already feeling pretty Christmassy... hah, actually, I don't even think that's a word... but that's what it feels like! Here are just a couple photos of some things around my parent's house.



Christmas plates with snowmen! Haha, cute, right?!
Silverrr bells [:
Real poinsettia flowers. Very holiday-ish.


This is outside my parent's place. Snow! But it's melting ]:
Oh, and I just wanted to throw in the mountains. It's probably the best part about Utah winters [: That photo was actually taken outside of our apartment in Logan!

But yeah, anyways, I love Christmas! And so does my family... here's a little video about things we like best about Christmas [: Enjoy! & Happy holidays.


No comments: